Selling your house is hopefully something you’ll have to do maybe only a few times in your life. And unless you know a local Paducah and Surrounding Areas real estate agent who will sell your house for free or at a hugely discounted commission… it can be a real pain in the rear end and an expensive process for you, the seller, as well.
So… that’s what’s brought you to this page about “How to sell your house by yourself in Paducah and Surrounding Areas KY” because of a few reasons I’m guessing…
- You have little to no equity in your house so you can’t afford to pay a real estate agent a commission.
- You have equity but would like to try to save money selling the house yourself before you resort to hiring an agent.
- You’re in foreclosure (or heading that way) and just need to sell fast without incurring thousands in agent commissions.
- You can’t wait the months and months it sometimes takes to sell a house in the Paducah and Surrounding Areas area in this market so you want to try to sell it more quickly.
Whichever category you find yourself in… there are ways to sell your house yourself here in the local Paducah and Surrounding Areas real estate market.
From 2013 onwards, the housing market has been making a significant comeback. If you handle it correctly, selling your house during this period can be quite lucrative. In many instances, it all boils down to employing clever marketing techniques and having sensible expectations about what you aim to accomplish with this sale.
In this article we will provide some helpful guidelines so that you can sell your Paducah and Surrounding Areas area house yourself.
Some Steps In Knowing How To Sell Your House By Yourself In Paducah and Surrounding Areas KY – The In’s And Out’s.
- Know The Paducah and Surrounding Areas Real Estate Market Well.
The house market can be finicky. And so the first and most important step is doing market research on your neighborhood in the Paducah and Surrounding Areas KY area. This step involves visiting various home marketing sites (Zillow, Eppraisal.com [the Chase home value estimator] etc.), try calling a real estate agent or two to see what your home is worth, or reading about the various market pricing techniques. Thorough research on these matters will help you to determine the appropriate price for your house and prevent you from making common selling errors.
If you don’t want to hassle with trying to come up with a home value yourself… give us a call at (270) 551-2171 and we’ll give you an honest fair valuation of what your house is worth on the retail market (if you’re going to wait the 3-6+ months to find the perfect retail buyer). And if you want to… we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer on your house to give you that option of selling quickly (we can also close in as little as 7 days if you want).
- Evaluate the market!
This step is quite similar to doing market research, but in this case, you focus on your own neighborhood and houses that are similar to yours. Are there lots of houses for sale in your neighborhood here in Paducah and Surrounding Areas? If so, what is the average that they are listing for? Have you noticed a high number of foreclosed homes in your neighborhood? This could potentially lower the value of your house.
- Evaluate your house.
As a seller, your house should be in top condition or shape in order to sell at a good price. Identify certain unique characteristics about it and emphasize them during the marketing. For example, in a Paducah and Surrounding Areas, a house with a driveway for parking may be more attractive to buyers compared with one with garage parking.
Also, does your house require repairs? Is there a need to repaint the inside or outside of the house? What’s the condition of the roof like? Is the landscaping well-maintained? Does the house seem outdated in any way? (You know, those old styled popcorn ceilings ;-). All of these things can make the house more attractive or less attractive depending on the buyer… which in turn can change the price they’re willing to pay.
After all of this… come up with an asking price for your Paducah and Surrounding Areas home that is fair… one that isn’t so high it’ll take you 12 months to sell the house… but is attractive enough that you get a frenzy of buyers who are ready to buy it quickly.
- The Use of Photos or Videos.
Paducah and Surrounding Areas buyers are obsessed with visual media. In general, people tend to rely on their senses. We are a people that looks more at things that are pleasing to the eyes. So, taking walk-through videos of the inside of the house and using those videos to advertise will enable you to reach a wider market. In fact, now days, these videos are considered more transparent than taking photos. However, this information should not stop you from using the latter option since it is more affordable compared to the video.
So, get out there and take some great pictures. Take a picture of every room in the house that will help show it off. Take a picture of the house from the outside in a few different angles… people want to “see” the house before they ever show up to see it. So having great pictures of your house online could be the difference between getting the right buyer quickly… and waiting months and months to sell.
- Get Your House “Listed” On The Local Paducah and Surrounding Areas MLS And Market It
You can find no or low fee real estate brokers these days who will charge you a few hundred bucks to put your house on the local Paducah and Surrounding Areas MLS. This puts your house in front of real estate agents swiftly (just be ready to pay a 2-3% buyer’s broker fee to those agents if you want their assistance in finding a buyer).
- Place ads in the local newspaper, signs on the roads, and hold an open house.
Placing ads in the local newspaper can help those that are more of the old school type that look to newspapers to find out about the local market. You can also place signs on your road and leading up to it and to your home since some people drive around looking at houses for sale. Also holding an open house and advertising it can lead up to potential buyers. These are just a few more examples of advertising your home if you decide to sell for yourself.
Does All Of This Sound Like A Lot Of Work To Sell Your Paducah and Surrounding Areas House Fast Yourself?
Well believe me it can be unless you have some tips or good help.
There are many Paducah and Surrounding Areas house sellers think they’re saving money and time by marketing the house themselves… when in the end it costs them more money to go that route.
When you sell your own house here are some things you need to consider…
- First off If you’re not a good marketer or aren’t ready to spend a bunch of time marketing your house right… selling it yourself may not be your best bet.
- If you don’t do a good job preparing the house and the marketing materials… and work with buyers to really build the value of your house in their minds… you may actually sell the house for 3-8% lower than what you could get for the same house if an experienced person marketed it for you.
- Too many times a seller doesn’t think about holding costs or opportunity costs… And so every month that your house doesn’t sell means another mortgage payment, tax payment, insurance, utilities, etc. If your mortgage payment is $1,500/mo… and $1,300 of that is interest… and if it takes you 7 months to sell your house… that will cost you an extra $9,100 (not to mention taxes and insurance you paid during that time). So, if you were able to sell that house more quickly… wouldn’t it make more sense for you to provide a buyer with a discounted price today so you can close quickly and move on? Just something to think about.
If you’d rather not put up the hassle of trying to sell your Paducah and Surrounding Areas house yourself… and would rather just sell it quickly for a fair price without paying any commissions or fees…
… we’re here to help you with that because, here at Clayton Buys Houses we actually buy local Paducah and Surrounding Areas KY houses.
And we would love to make you a fair, NO OBLIGATION and NO HASSLE CASH offer on your house.
We can close quickly (in as little as 7 days if you want to) … which would save you thousands of dollars vs. trying to sell the house yourself and waiting for months and not knowing what kind of results you’d be getting anyway.
Also, when we buy local Paducah and Surrounding Areas houses we do all the repairs that are needed (and we pay for it ourselves) so you don’t have to worry about that.
Want to see what we can pay for your house? Give us a call today at (270) 551-2171 or just fill out the quick simple form through the link below. It’s that easy. Your house could be sold this time next week.